We are ahgain scheduling LIVE FIRE TUTORING for JULY. You must email "rick@fstva" with your name and phone, and your preferred time slot to confirm your slot(s).
Additional times may become available, but as of now...
We are scheduling 10:00-noon; 12:30-2:30 and 3:00-5:00 on June 2nd, 9th, 23rd, 24th, 30th and 31st. When you reserve a time we'll send you more information,
All times are first come, first served. We recommend not more than two (2) hours at a time.
Here is some information about what to expect at your upcoming live fire shooting session(s).
1. We will meet at the McDonalds at the Fairfield exit, which is exit 200 on I-81, near Lexington, if you do not know how to get to the range.
2. You will need to sign a damage/injury release/waiver prior to each shooting session. If there are minors present, parents will sign for them.
3. You are encouraged to bring the pistol or revolver that you wish to use to gain more proficiency. Be sure to bring your owner’s manual. You may also want to have a small cleaning kit with you if you have one.
4. If you do not currently own a firearm do NOT feel as if you need to run out and buy one. We have a good selection that you may rent if you need to.
5. You should plan to bring one box of 50 rounds of ammunition per shooter per hour. (1 shooter for 1 hour = 1 box, 1 shooter for 2 hours = 2 boxes, 2 shooters for 2 hours = 4 boxes, etc.) If you bring your own ammunition, it MUST be either a full metal jacket (FMJ) or jacketed hollow point (JHP) style. You may purchase ammunition from us if needed and we know ahead of time the caliber that you want to use.
6. The range is a covered outdoor range. Required personal items include something to drink, closed toe footwear, eye and hearing protection, clothing suitable for the weather, and anything else that you may need.
7. MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE PROPERTY! We will instruct a minor in firearm safety and proper shooting, but a minor under 18 years of age will be using a round target and NOT a human silhouette target unless the parent requests otherwise. Adults may use either style of target.
8. EVERY order given by the range safety officer (RSO) and/or instructor must be followed exactly and immediately for everyone’s safety. His/her ruling(s) regarding ANYTHING related to the range or the range session is final.
9. Firearms may be rented at a cost of $10.00 per firearm used. This covers wear & tear, disassembly, and cleaning. Ammunition is priced at the going rates as the supply is currently limited - it is typically running $40.00 per box for a box of 50 – 9 MM rounds.
10. The fee for range tutoring is $50.00 per hour per couple or family. Please bring cash or check as we usually cannot process credit or debit cards at the site.
Feel free to contact us with any other questions. Looking forward to helping you build your skills!
Until then, STAY SAFE and PRACTICE!